Monday, March 18, 2013

baked zucchini fries


Snack time!

These little fries are absolutely fabulous, easy to make, and fun to eat! These are a perfect snack or appetizer, but they'd also be a great side dish alternative to burgers, a steak... whatever! I dipped them in some Greek yogurt sprinkled with salt, pepper and chives, but you could dip them in marinara, ketchup, ranch... see how versatile they are?

Baked Zucchini Fries (adapted from Skinnytaste)
serves 2-4

you'll need:
3 medium zucchini sliced into sticks
1 egg white
1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
cooking spray
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and Parmesan and shake well. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with cooking spray and set aside.

Dip a few zucchini sticks into eggs, then into breadcrumb mixture, shaking to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer on the wire. Repeat with remaining zucchini. Spray cooking spray on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with desired dipping sauce and enjoy!

26 comments:

  1. I love zucchini! And I love the idea of dipping these into Greek yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing, I have a garden bursting with zucchini. I'm thinking my Chipolte Ranch Dressing. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um absolutely yes! Going to copycat that next time I make these!!

      Delete
  3. These look great! What a good idea to make little fries out of zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach! It's one of my favorite ways to eat zucchini!

      Delete
  4. Love these as an alternate to potato fries! Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm I just love baked zucchini! These look just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE these. I love that they're baked. I just signed up for a CSA and expect a ton of zucchini to land on my door soon and this will be first on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zucchini(or courgettes as they're known in my world!) are one of my favourite vegetables. I love fried zucchini you get in Italian restaurants but have been put off making them at home because I'm not a big fan of deep frying - these looks like a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am the same way about deep frying - it scares me to no end!

      Delete
  8. Going to try these with eggplant. I had eggplant at Japanese Palace in Fort Worth and YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet that will be delicious!! Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  9. Such a neat recipe! I love finding new ways to cook zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so good! I would definitely dip them in Greek yogurt and stick with the healthy option ;) Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best looking zucchini ever! Love that it's baked not fried - healthier and less house-stink factor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Averie! Ha, yes, I have a major aversion/fear of deep-frying... it's baked for me! :)

      Delete
  12. I love these!! They look delicious and oh so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I've yet to make baked zucchini fries... must make soon!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...