Friday, April 26, 2013

easy one bowl peanut butter chocolate chip cookies


You probably make some version of these cookies already. But, just in case you don't, let's talk about them now, shall we?

This is a great recipe for baking with kids (or messy adults) because there's no flour in them... and therefore there's no flour all over the kitchen. They come together with just a bowl and a spoon in about a minute, and bake up in 10 minutes. I mean come on. It's time to make cookies!

Easy One Bowl Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Emeril Lagasse)
yields 2 dozen cookies

you'll need:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use semisweet)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or foil and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir with a spoon until completely smooth.

Using your hands, roll dough into small balls (about 1 tablespoon of dough for each). Place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Use a fork to lightly press down dough into a crosshatch pattern (Don't flatten cookies, just press them down a tiny bit so that the cookies stay nice and puffy).

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden.

See how insanely easy that was?!

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Peanut butter and chocolate chips... I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flourless PB cookies are on my list! I never heard of "flourless" versions until I started seeing them on blogs recently and then realized it's not that uncommon. You're encouraging me to move it up my list and try a batch soon. I could really use one right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, they are life-changing! Could not be easier... in fact, they are kind of DANGEROUSLY easy, haha!

      Delete
  3. No flour??!! This has me so curious! Need to try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes, please give them a try! Let me know what you think if you do!

      Delete
  4. I love that these only take one bowl! I am SO anti-dishes and SO pro-cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how simple these are! I bet they smell amazing while baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! Luckily you only have to wait 10 minutes for them :)

      Delete
  6. I love how simple this recipe is and how moist those cookies look! Making me want peanut butter cookies like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these this weekend they are great! I already had all the ingredients and didn't have to get any butter out to soften.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO glad you made them and loved them! Thanks so much for letting me know! :)

      Delete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...