Monday, September 1, 2014

glorious cheddar & jalapeno muffins


Happy Labor Day, y'all! Just popping in here briefly today to share this muffins, which would be a perfect last-minute addition to your weekend cookout. They're spicy, super cheesy, come together in no time at all... and seriously delicious!

Hope everyone is enjoying a great holiday!

Glorious Cheddar & Jalapeno Muffins (slightly adapted from Joy the Baker)
yields 12 muffins

you'll need:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup skim milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
12 pickled jalapeno round for topping
sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper for topping

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.

Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. In another small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. Just before the mixture is totally combined, add the cheese. Stir until everything is evenly moistened and distributed.

Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins. Top each with a jalapeno round and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.

Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for just a few minutes; these are best served fresh and warm!

Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. happy labor day to you too friend..these will definitely be delightful to cookout or any day really..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble loading you blog from FB Marie. Just thought I'd let you know in case there is a problem.

    I'm feeling the biscuit love. It's a big love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Jen -- checking it out!

      Delete
  3. You got me with "spicy and cheesy". Looks so tasty...I'd love to have a couple with all the bowls of soup I intend to drink come Fall. I bet these would freeze well and then I can have a 'fresh' one when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah these sound soooo good, perfect with some BBQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a wuss when it comes to spice, I don't think I could handle these, haha! But they look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! Love the jalapeno on top!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...