Tuesday, November 6, 2012

almond butter bundt cake


do you read mix and match mama? it's one of my daily blog reads - shay is a genius at putting together creative but simple recipes! she challenged herself to make a year of bundt cakes - 52 in all - mixing and matching ingredients from one basic recipe. she's passed that goal, and is still going! i love seeing her ideas and decided to give it a try myself this weekend.

i have to confess that there was no creativity behind this recipe - more like it was saturday morning and i wanted to make a cake without leaving my house to fetch any ingredients. in this case, being lazy wound up paying off :)

here's what you'll need:
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup almond butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons almond milk

preheat oven to 350. spray the living daylights out of your bundt pan with cooking spray. spray one more time. maybe just one more. ok, you're good.

in a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, and butter with an electric mixer on low for about 30 seconds. turn to speed up to medium and mix for 2 minutes. add the almond butter and mix until totally combined, about 1 minute. 

pour batter into the greased pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. let cake rest for exactly 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. allow to cool completely.


to make the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and almond milk until it's the consistency you want (add more sugar to make it thicker, more milk to thin it out). drizzle over the cake once it's cooled. 

and that's it! this takes no time to throw together, is absolutely delicious, and you can convince yourself that it's healthy because it's almond butter :) hope y'all enjoy!!! xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marie! I love, love, love your blog! It's fabulous! And I love how you mixed and matched a bundt cake :). That makes my heart so happy! Thank you so much for letting me know...I will be checking back in with your daily. You rock! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for a party at work and it was a HUGE success. Everyone loved it and I'm going to make it again for my family thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!!! - sarah dodds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sarah! i'm so glad. thank you so much for letting me know - makes me so happy!! have a fabulous thanksgiving with your family! xx

      Delete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...