We're so close to summer, y'all. I can feel it! And we're celebrating today with pizza, friends, and a BIG giveaway!!!
Summer entertaining is the best. So laid-back, so easy. There's usually sunshine and pools and margaritas involved. And grilling of course!
Grilled pizza is my jam. I love the flavor of the charred dough - and those pretty grill marks! And it's so fast and simple. Perfect for a summer evening spent with friends. How fun would it be to gather a big variety of toppings and have a grilled pizza party?!
In the meantime, let's make this shut-the-front-door good pizza. Yes? YES!
For the base of this pizza, we make a mustard BBQ sauce. El Diablo sent me their six spicy mustard flavors to try out, and, although I was tempted to try the habanero one out for this because of my spice addiction, I thought the jalapeno one would be just right to balance everything out in this pizza. So. SO. good.
The pizza is then topped with the usual suspects, with some smoked gouda on top to make things extra super creamy delicious. This is living!
Cheers to a summer full of sunshine, friends, and pizza!
Grilled Spicy Mustard BBQ Chicken Pizza
yields one pizza
for the BBQ sauce, you'll need:
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 red onion, diced
3/4 cup El Diablo Jalapeno Mustard
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
for the pizza, you'll need:
olive oil, for brushing
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 fresh pizza dough
1/2 cup shredded fresh mozzarella
1 grilled chicken breast, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
1/4 cup shredded smoked gouda
handful of roughly chopped cilantro, for serving
Make the BBQ sauce: Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes, until soft but not brown. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened a bit. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Make the pizza: Heat the grill to high heat and brush with olive oil. Gather all your ingredients and keep them handy; it'll make it so much easier to work quickly!
Press out pizza dough to desired shape and thickness. I think thin is best! Brush lightly with olive oil.
Take the lid off the grill and lay the dough on top, olive oil brushed side down. Brush the other side of the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook dough for 2-3 minutes with the lid off.
Use tongs to flip the dough over. Over the dough, spread a thin layer of mustard BBQ sauce, then add mozzarella, chicken, red onions, jalapenos, and gouda. Put the lid back on the grill and cook 3-5 minutes.
Use tongs to remove the pizza from the grill. Allow to cook for a few minutes before cutting into slices. Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy!
Now let's talk about that giveaway...
I've teamed up with a great group of food bloggers to get y'all all set for grilling season! We've got TWO big prizes for ya!
Prize #1 from Blue Rhino, Mr. Bar-B-Q, and El Diablo Mustard
- Blue Rhino Backyard Grill 4-Burner Gas Grill
The Backyard Grill 4-Burner Gas Grill features a stainless steel lid and a cast iron cooking surface with a 28-burger capacity. This outdoor gas grill also boasts a large warming rack, a convenient stainless steel tube handle, a built-in bottle opener and a temperature gauge. Two plastic wheels help to make positioning quick and easy.
- Rhino Coupon for Free Propane
- 3-Piece Ergo Handle Tool Set The 3-Piece Ergo Handle Tool Set includes a long-handled spatula, fork and tongs. The set is made with high-quality stainless steel construction and patented, arched handles for maximum comfort and control.
- 6-pack of El Diablo Mustard
- Hot Box Grill 360+ Hot Box Grill 360+ is an incredibly versatile outdoor cooker. Grill, roast & smoke your favorite foods to perfection. You can configure the separate charcoal and food grates in hundreds of different ways, allowing you to cook all of your backyard and tailgating favorites. Grill a dozen or more big juicy hamburgers, roast two beer can chickens or smoke a 20 pound pork butt low & slow. Because of the unique patent-pending design clean-up, transporting and storing the Hot Box Grills 360+ is easy. It's an American made, full-size heavy-duty powder-coated steel cooker that you can take just about anywhere!
- 6-pack of El Diablo Mustard
To enter, simply use the Rafflecopter below!
Souffle Bombay - Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp with a Chipotle Mustard Glaze
All Day I Dream About Food - Cocoa-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Chipotle Mustard Sauce
Girl Carnivore - Spicy Mustard Brats with Sauerkraut
Musings of a Housewife - Sweet & Spicy Baked Beans with Ham
Sugar Dish Me - Hot Honey Mustard Wings
The Vintage Mom - Spicy Mustard Mayo Chicken Kabobs
The Suburban Soapbox - Grilled Beef Tenderloin Sandwich with Spicy Steakhouse Aioli
Welcome to the Cookout - Championship Baby Back Ribsa Rafflecopter giveaway